Friday, September 29, 2006

Two Disturbing Commercials

Normally I just ignore the commercials that interrupt my favorite shows. I either take those few minutes to channel surf or mute them or admire my cats and/or living room. But these two commercials are just plain disturbing and whenever I see them, they give me the willies. I'm talking extreme heebie jeebies.

The first one is the Yahoo commercial with the lady in the yard. Her neighbor asks what she has and the lady says some fertilizer she saw on TV. She then sprays her garden and everything immediately gets brown, curls up and dies. Scene flashes to the beginning and the neighbor asks again what she has. The lady says it’s a fertilizer she found on Yahoo. She sprays her garden and everything instantly gets greener, bigger, and the dog buried in the garden comes back to life. That disturbs me. On so many levels. The child swinging in the tree says “Scruffy, you’ve come back to life” and hops off the swing to go hug her Pet Cemetery dog. Alhfkagoiahtoiwh I say coz yuck, ick, gross, creepy and other words just don’t cover the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The second is the “Amazing Alyson” doll. She “communicates” with your daughter. She “holds conversations” and she “remembers” what she was told the day before. Her eyes do this wide open crazy psycho thing. I guess the people who designed her thought young girls’ eyes get all crazy and bug-eyed when they get excited. And her mouth moves up and down to simulate talking. Seriously, this doll is like an attractive female Chucky. I can just see her sliding off the dresser, slinking into the kitchen, and grabbing a butcher knife to off the entire family. The live girl in the commercial acts all hopped up too. Aljhdlahglahtgoy again!

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I haven't seen either. But the dead dog coming back to life--now that's creepy. I can see kids spraying stuff on dead things trying to "get them back" so to speak.

Chucky? don't want to see that!