Friday, September 01, 2006

Artsy Fartsy Friday

Being around pregnant women all day at the office has turned my memory to shit. It just occurred to me yesterday afternoon that I that I finally own a digital camera and that I could post pictures of the things I create. So I am treating you to 3 pictures of collages I made while visiting my Grampa in May. Here goes. Hope you enjoy them. I do.



I had to take a picture, cut it into squares and rearrange it to not look like the original picture. I love how this turned out. It originally was an ad with an old woman with a large veggie of some kind on her lap. It was a challenge to make each row have one veggie piece and one lady piece and balancing it with the background pieces. It took me awhile but I think it came out awesome.



In this collage, you had to take a picture and cut it into strips. After doing that, you drew to fill in. This picture was perfect to do this with as I had to cut out wording that went across the girl and my open spaces to draw occurred where I took the wording out. Luckily I had my multi-colored fine point marker set with me. I love me some fine point markers.


This was a collage made out of neutrals. We were to do neutrals or just black and white. My Grampa had this Volkswagen magazine with big glossy pages and large photos. I glommed on to the tire pages and painstakingly cut out all the tires and rims and mixed them with an architectural picture that I rearranged like the old lady and veggie pic. Just as hard to make sure the building pieces on each row did not match too closely. Again, this took awhile and my grandfather kept looking over at me like he thought I had a screw loose. Once he saw what I was doing, he no longer thought I was crazy even if he didn't understand why I expended the effort. This is my favorite out of all the collages I've made so far. Tho the veggie lady is a very close second. Maybe this one would be a good quilt?

1 comment:

Deb R said...

Cool collages! I like all of them, but the last one is my favorite.