Monday, September 18, 2006

Promised Project Pictures

My friend, who is going to have a baby any moment now, has a poem from her childhood stuck in her head about a tree house. She can't remember the author, but the image the poem created is something she hasn't ever forgotten. So, the muse bullied me around last week and I created tree house pictures for the baby's nursery. I thought she would like to look at them while she nurses and that the baby can exercise her imagination as she grows up (kind of like I did with a childhood circus picture I had). Now I can't take full credit for the actual line drawings. I used my opaque projector to blow them up, but because of inherent fuzziness, I did have to wing it and fill in details on my own. I thought putting the cloud fabric behind would add to the ambiance and "in the sky" factor I was looking for.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is some very nice work. I'm sure she will be happy that you helped her see her childhood poem come to life. I had forgotten that projector trick, I believe I did it once as a child and it was a lot of fun.