Monday, September 04, 2006

Yes, Another Post for Labor Day

So okay, I’m multiple-posting. So I have time on my hands. So I’m an inveterate writer with diarrhea of the words. So deal with it…

I’m two people in one body. No, I don’t mean this in a Gemini, schizoid, multiple personality disorder, Seth, or possession type way.

I mean there are two directly opposing sides to my character that continually fight with one another for top-dog placement.

For example, I am an extremely hard worker. When I have something that needs to be done, I get it done with maximum effort. I am the most efficient person in my office. I have all my shit done and done well. But… I am a major lazy-ass procrastinator. I don’t like to work, I don’t like to work hard, I don’t like getting things done because they have to be done, and I don’t like having to meet deadlines or finish other people’s stuff. I put things off for another day coz I’d rather sit on my ass covered in cats reading piles of books. Now how can I be a hard efficient worker and a lazy procrastinator? Well, I think I have figured it out. I try to get it ALL done so I don’t have to do it again. Take my edging project. Dad helped me get the edging blocks home and I worked like the dickens that entire afternoon and finished the edging so that I could have a “free” day the next day (meaning spent the day in my PJs doing ab-so-lute-ly nothing). I also spent about 4-5 hours pulling up dandelions in my front AND back yard (with my parents’ handy dandy tool for just this sort of job) so that I wouldn’t have to do this for the rest of the summer. I keep my documentation up to date so I don’t get behind and have more work to do.

Some more opposing sides:

Persevere like the obnoxious kid in the store that wants the candy but I can also give up quite easily.

Either I’m mega early or really late.

Fun creative night owl and the most unpleasant morning person you’d ever want to wake up next to (and not because I was up late but because my brain is not working yet and doesn’t want to be taxed with bright chipper non-stop talking morning people).

Selfish (sharing is not my first gut reaction) but I am very generous with family and friends.

When out and about, I love to be social and dynamic but I’m a major loner and hermit.

Neat freak with packrat/clutterbug tendencies.

Bluntly honest but will tell fiblets and avoid the truth.

Want men – no want men.

Love kids but extremely happy to not come home to them.

Skeptical but extremely naïve.

The kindest bully you’ll ever meet.

Ditto, the bossiest team player you’ll ever work with.

Loyal friend – implacable enemy.

Optimistic pessimist.

Well meaning with catty asides.

The most observant person with blinders on.

Spur-of-the-moment fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants that’s been planned ahead.

Heavy reader but don’t really retain what I read unless I read it several times.

There is no middle ground. I know I know, people have many sides to their nature, personality, and/or character. But I think I’m missing the greys coz it’s all black and white with me.

1 comment:

The Edward said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a party. Unless you didn't want one, than I am happy that you got what you wanted for your birthday. I try to celebrate mine every year with a big-ish party, around 20-30 people. As I see it, without your birthday, the rest of the holidays are meaningless to you. You could also put hats on some cats! Do cats eat cake? Can they blow out candles, or swat them out?