Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Check List Completed!

1) Friday, I got out of work early (3:30pm) and so I decided to waste it by transferring my digital photos to a CD at TARGET (90 pics, it was quite a process, and it didn’t help there was no CD in the machine to transfer them on and all the TARGET doobees were unavailable and/or not versed in the photo machines so I had to wait until someone was free enough to be walked thru by another busy doobee, I was told to come back in 20 minutes for the index which couldn’t be printed out at the machine I was at) and do some wandering around while refraining from impulse shopping (I did get some tights). Then I went to HomeDepot (so disappointed in their X-mas stuff) and Goodwill.

2) Because I’m single and not currently active in the local singles pool (this is a good thing), I did laundry after I got home. This actually worked out well because then I didn’t have to do it over the official weekend.

3) I woke up Saturday, took a shower, and raked up the 2nd fall of leaves. Making piles, putting piles in the wheelbarrow, and dumping them in my compost.

4) Then, I put up my wooden Christmas tree display (with the help of my neighbor).

5) I put my indoor line of matching-to-the-trees lights up in my big front window. I found I had to jerry-rig them at the top of the window as Moomin decided to chew on the cord. I typically have them light the bottom of the window, sort of like stage foot lighting, but Moomin showed me that he was planning on being “unsafe” which meant I had to be a proactive animal owner and string ‘em up high.

6) Sunday, I helped out an elderly neighbor. She was having issues with her tape machine (for books on tape) and I showed her how to operate it correctly. I had her run thru several trials independently (with some light prompting on my part), but I’m not sure how much she retained. She came by a second time an hour later for a refresher. She excused how jittery she was acting, she said she’d just taken a new medication and it “revs her right up”. I wrote the tips out in large writing and reminded her the machine needs to be closed in order to work properly. I may see her next weekend, she has help during the week.

7) I raked up some pine needles, wheelbarrowed them, and put them around the base of my Hydrangea. This will provide wind buffer and hopefully add some more acid to the soil. I’m all about the blue Hydrangea!

8) I made some veggie rollups for lunches for this week. This was a bit labor intensive, cutting the veggies and all.

9) Washed the kitties’ chins and got my ass bit for my efforts. Moomin got a bit rowdy while I was working on Doodle. I typically sit on the tub edge and yes my ass does hang a bit over the edge. Moomin was attacking the back of my sweatshirt coz it was moving back and forth with my arm and he got so hyped up and zooey that he bit my ass. Bit my ass! I had to giggle after my initial yell of indignation.

10) I read 4 books this weekend.

No comments: