Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Window People Called...

at 8:00 this morning.

They wanted to come this Thursday and Friday which I'm not able to do as I have client meetings scheduled those two days (people and their last minute fitting me in, sheesh!). The Window People are “not so overbooked at this time of the year” so they were able to work with my schedule and They will be descending on me for 1/4/07 and 1/5/07.

I’m taking those two days off to run interference with the cats (I have worry-wart visions of Moomin “helping” Them and escaping and both Doodle and Hobbes running scared and accidentally jumping out a window and I’m a nosy parker who just can't leave her belongings with others without the supervision of said nosy parker/busy body). I have a tentative plan of action mapped out… I will wake up at the butt-crack of dawn on those days so I will be showered/made presentable and the cats will be fed and “stuffed” into the bathroom by the time They arrive.

I would like the Window People to complete a back room first so I can move the cats into that room to free up the bathroom in the event the Window People need to take a piss. I wasn’t thinking of their needs (due to being a hermit and sort of self-centered) but my mom reminded me that they are MEN and they will need to go at some point or at several points during the job. She’s right.

I’m excited and nervous. It’s the biggest house undertaking (other than the uncompleted kitchen which I have learned to deal with and don’t notice anymore and the removal of my asphalt diving board and replacing it with grass - now that was some fun with a sledge hammer) which I’ve done. I’m looking forward to being vacuum-packed into my house for the winter. I’m looking forward to being able to open all and any windows in nice weather instead of just select windows because I can’t be bothered with the tedium of removing and replacing the weather insulation stripping every winter. I’m looking forward to not having to prop windows up with books/sticks/or other implements because the rope weights have given way and the potential to chop a cat’s head or my hand off is ever present. I’m looking forward to not going on everlasting "paint chip patrol". I’m looking forward to being able to actually clean my windows. And I’m looking forward to the energy benefits of lowering both my oil and electric bills (heat and AC).

I will take pictures of before and after to share coz I know all of you will be waiting with bated breath to see them. Starting the New Year off with new windows… I can hardly contain myself.

No comments: