Wednesday, December 20, 2006

As Promised With a Little Extra

Here is a picture of my candies. The flowers indicate the flavor inside. See the "Candy Filled Weekend" post for recipe and color key.



This is a picture of the Chinese take-out box I put the candies in. Decorations a'la SamStamping. You can see the key as well.



And here is my creation as of last night. I made Spaghetti Bread (recipe below) for one of our "newly delivered" co-workers. We each signed up for a week to provide food for the new parents so they don't have to cook and this is part of my contribution.



Spaghetti Bread (so named because it goes awesomely with red sauce meals!)
Ingredients:
*Frozen bread dough (2 loaf pkg)
*1 lb pkg of shredded cheddar cheese
*1 egg
*1 egg white
*1 tsp chili or cajun spice powder
*1 bundle of green onions/scallions

How to:
1) Thaw bread in fridge overnight.
2) Let dough sit in greased bowl at room temp for 2-3 hours until doubled.
*Preheat oven to 350*.
3) Punch dough down.
4) Roll out on lightly floured surface until 1 inch in height.
5) Cut into 1 inch cubes with sharp knife or pizza cutter.
6) Beat egg and egg white with chili powder in large mixing bowl.
7) Put cubes in mixing bowl with egg mixture and coat them.
8) Add chopped green onions and cheese.
9) Mix well so all ingredients are evenly distributed and coating the cubes.
10) Pour into greased and lightly floured bread loaf tins (one large or 2 medium).
11) Let dough mixture sit in tins for 20 minutes to rise a bit.
12) Put in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350*.
13) Poke the bread with a clean chopstick to make sure the middle is done.
14) If nothing sticks to the chopstick, take out, cool, eat and enjoy.
15) If not done, do 5-10 minute increments until stick comes out clean.

1 comment:

The Edward said...

Interesting recipe. Thanks. I will have to give it a try some night. One of my new goals is to cook more rather than eating out. Sure, I love to eat out, but I know I can do better by myself at home. I'll let you know how it turns out when I try it.