Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ach! I'm Such A Mess Today

I’m veering back and forth between wanting to sob and a state of high piss-off. Not only am I riding the rapid mood swing merry-go-round that goes from 0-60 in seconds flat, but I’m feeling shlubby as well. Throw in creative ideas constantly springing forth in my mind, one after the other, that my hand cannot jot or doodle them down fast enough and you can get some idea of how my day, not to mention my week is going. Tho the past three days have just been confined to cranky.

So far today has been …

I’m in the bank trying to cash my Christmas bonus and I get a whiff of the guy’s behind me cologne and I want to cry. I get in my car and my aura sends out the signal for all drivers without a frickin’ brain cell to go ahead, cut me off, and meander in front of me for a good long while so I get good and mad. I read a Christmas story of someone who commented on my blog, read it out loud, and I and my co-workers started sniffling. I tried to print said story, the printer proceeded to print 39 frickin’ pages and I couldn’t get the print job to cancel, thus winding me up again with computer rage. One of my co-workers had me read a letter someone wrote to her about her disabled cousin helping make a child’s Christmas wish of touring a real-life fire engine come true and I puddled up again along with her. I’ve been thinking about how I’ve been yelling at the cats all week and how if I had any kids I’d most likely be a yeller and a smacker and I get very angry with myself. I’ve been thinking over some memories and getting all vehklempt. And it’s not even lunch-time yet.

Feeling shlubby so I’m wearing my glasses. Couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of my contacts tho I did manage to blow dry my hair and not twist it up like I initially was going to do. I like my outfit (wearing a favorite and flattering color – aqua), no bag lady clothes for me even tho I am feeling like a fright. Could be my inner frightfulness making me feel outerly frightful. Yeah, that’s it.

I started a really cool project, very secret, can’t give any details as it might end up as a gift for someone who reads the blog tho pictures may be forthcoming if it’s successful. I spent yesterday evening (after dropping the meal off to the new parents) running around hardware stores finding supplies. Along with the project materials, I found big honkin’ cardboard tubes for Moomin to zoom thru. He loves them. They are nice and long and he’s dragging the tissue paper pile into them so he can rustle undercover to his heart’s content.

I have to make another loaf of Spaghetti Bread tonight for tomorrow’s office potluck. And wash 3 kitty chins. And work on the above mentioned project. Hope there is something mindless on TV to listen to while I sew and try to lay a bread loaf egg that needs 2-3 hours to rise after being thawed in the fridge overnight.
Should be good times.

1 comment:

The Edward said...

Oooo, a secret project! I can not wait to hear the details!