Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a tad frustrated

I found this keychain digital camera at Wally World (read: Wal-Mart) last night for $14 and was all set to check out the pics I took with it. I get to work all ready to go and "whoopdeedo" I need to be an administrator to install the program. So I call our techie and he comes over and helps out about an hour later. Well, it works dandy-fine for him, but when we try to run it under my user whatchamacallit, it can't find the camera because I. AM. NOT. ADMIN!
So his recommendation was for me to install the camera/program on my computer at home and a) email the pics to myself, b) put the pics on a floppy, c) put the pics on a CD, or d) put the pics on a stick.
Also, "the shortage of rays will reduce the quality of picture" instruction in the barely English instruction booklet was so totally true. My kitties were black silhouettes and only 4 of the pics came out. I need to work on the light factor, the centering factor, and the size factor. But for $14 it's a fun cheap ride!
Here are some examples from the booklet:
"When you hear the buzzer beeps once, which indicates you have already taken a photo, and you can go on taking photos."
My favorite is "When taking photos, please hole camera steadily."
Upshot, no pics for anyone today. Bummer, but hopefully by tomorrow!?

No comments: