Wednesday, August 09, 2006

RockStank SuperNowhere

First off, I just want to share that I managed to obtain my objective at Target despite being visually assaulted by many temptations on the way!

Second, I get home to find a mini disaster occurred while I was at work. It appeared that the kitten decided to use poor judgment and attempted to jump on top of my Hoosier cabinet, dislodging the jar of buttons which landed smack in the middle of Hobbes’ food dish, shattering it into 5 big pieces and many little dangerous to paws and bare feet shards. Out came the big scary vacuum.

Third, Rockstar…

Dilana… She sang a Who song that Gilby (guitarist) accompanied and the band commented on the general overall wussiness of no one else stepping up to take the challenge. Dave said that as far as he is concerned Dilana would win coz she had the balls to sing with a band member. I found her performance subdued for her and so was what she was wearing. Dave also told the singers that it sucks to follow Dilana anyway but now it “double sucks” to follow her and a band member. The band even agreed they have come to the decision a woman can front their band.

Ryan… What was with the pseudo-punk meets bad-Vegas stage performance? “Contender” my ass! His “vocals have been killing” my ears! “Keep going” right out the door. Phrases in quotes are from the band, I added my opinion to them.

Storm… Queen, hard to do a decent rendition, she managed tho and told the band “she’ll spank the crap out of Supernova”.

Zayra… She slaughtered the David Bowie song. “Burble burble mumble mumble garble garble”. Well, she certainly raised the bar on her incoherentness. Instead of asking if she’s “got milk?” let’s ask her “got talent? Got voice?” and we’ll give her a resounding “NO!!” Dave said she was from Pluto – poor planet. Gilby said he “dug her showmanship but she sang flat.” Tommy said “it’s good to think you are the bomb” (stinkbomb more like it). And Zayra said to the band “I’m all out baby, all out” – yes – now if America and the band would follow thru with this and “out her ass right off the show”.

Josh… Now I love the original Stone Temple Pilots singer and Josh is NO GO! He needs more testosterone in his voice. Dilana has more testosterone than he does! And the Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles head bob – gotta go!

Lukas… Still no oomph and what was with the falsetto!!?? He has no oomph in his regular singing voice, what made him think he could pull off a falsetto moment? The band said they were impressed (ohmygod) and “hell yeah” (hell no) and “he gave them goosebumps” (gave them to me when he squeaked out a shart).

Toby… Used a megaphone. Not sure about the use of props. Um!

Bottom three at the end of the show – Jill, Zayra, and Patrice.

Is it just me or is Brooke Burke’s voice sort of robotic and creepy?

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I liked Lukas--but his song was so short. I kept thinking there would be more. Of course, I never heard Radiohead do it.

You used "shart" in a sentence!