Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's My Birthday Today :) :) :)

I would like to be able to report, on this the morning of my birthday, that I had been awakened a la Cinderella/Snow White. That small woodland and household creatures had drawn me a bath, completed my AM chores, cleaned the cat boxes, fixed me an old-fashioned breakfast, and whipped me up a fabulous haute couture birthday outfit.



Alas the reality of it all… I was woken up in my usual way by having my hair stepped on at the butt-crack of dawn by a cat whose only agenda was obtain her breakfast, to the sounds of hissing/spitting/yowling and the furious thumping of paws, and to large truck sound vibrations making the bones in my head freak out.

Thus begins another day… I have an offer from my mother to take me out for dinner. It’s not woodland creatures, but it a superior suggestion that I will be following up on.

2 comments:

Joanna Stein said...

Happy Birthday!

The Edward said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday! Sorry to have missed posting on the day of. I hadn't realized your birthday and your brother's were so close. Looks like you had fun - blowing off part of the day and doing a bookstore run! Did you have a party of some sort?