Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rockstar Unplugged with an Orchestra

So the show starts with Toby running buck naked around the pool 4 times as “payment” to Dilana for the song that has a bandmember. Much audience screaming and fuzzy butt shots later, Zayra dukes it out with Ryan to perform an original song. Dave rips everyone a new asshole coz they again wussed out on stepping up to fight for the original song.

Zayra performed first wearing a black bra and red waterfall/mermaid tail combination. She sang a Spanish song of her own - ??? – Well, at least her unintelligibility passed muster because only the Spanish speaking people would know if she continued her lyrical incoherentness.

Lukas veered between soft and gravelly. His facial expressions reminded me of a preschooler trying to take a constipated dump. So very attractive and come hither of him.

Storm added swearing to “I’ll Survive” in a vain attempt to “spank” Supernova. She ended up getting “spanked” herself as the band unanimously hated her rendition and Tommy said she’d been “sauteed in wrong sauce”. Storm tried to blame it on Vegas, partying with the band, and “waking up with a Gloria Gaynor song”.

Toby got unanimous praises from the judges and all I can say is “Whafa?!”

Ryan SLAUGHTERED one of my all time favorite songs – “In the Air Tonight”/Phil Collins. SLAUGHTERED!!!

Dilana, laced into some black outfit with a cross dangling in her crotch area, sang “Cats in the Cradle”. I thought she did a good job. The judges thought it was the best perf of the night and Dilana announced “I’m the one”.

Bottom three at end of show: Patrice, Toby, and Zayra.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I fast forwarded through pratically the whole show. Why was Lukas dressed like a priest?! I think Zayra is totally using the show to boost her own market as a solo Latin/Rock/Crossover artist. Good for her, cause she has no hope of being Supernova's singer. I don't think she really wants to be anyway.

Deb R said...

I thought both Ryan and Storm were Soooo off-key last night. I couldn't believe Dave and SN told them their vocals were good. WTF??? Zayra actually sounded better than Ryan or Storm last night and the fact that I just said Zayra sounded better than anyone is proof that some demons are having a snowball fight in hell today.

I also didn't get why so many of them thought it would be a good idea to blame poor song selectin and/or performance on too much partying in Vegas. Um, helllooo? Aren't you auditioning for a rock band, children? I suspect telling the band that partying hard leaves you unable to make good musical decisions or perform well is probably not way up there in the annals of Good Ideas. Ahem.