Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Little Camera That Could

So... yesterday was my birthday. I succumbed to my office-mates' peer pressure and took the afternoon off after having a slice of office birthday cake for lunch (chocolate of course). I get home and make a few calls to see if anyone can join my truancy. No go. Off I go to Augusta to Barnes and Noble AND the Eddie Bauer Outlet. I took my little matchbox sized digital camera along. Here are some pics!


This is a picture of my birthday sky before I took off cruisin'. The wind chime is mine and the house is my neighbor's across the street. Isn't the sky beautiful? A perfect weather day!


Now I am on my way, on the highway to Augusta. I find I am behind a TARGET truck. So I thought I would test the camera out and see if it could take a pic pretty far away and while driving. Yes I know this is dangerous and undriverly of me, but hot damn I wanted to experiment. And it worked! How fab is that?


This is a further down the highway pic and I thought you all would like a glimpse of my fuzzy steering wheel. Well, actually I wanted to take another moving pic to see if it would come out!


So I finally arrive at my Mecca... Barnes and Noble and I tried a pic. This is wonderfully clear and crispy but obviously I still need to work on my centering issues. I also stopped in the Eddie Bauer Outlet but there were too many people around to take a pic of their sign. Oh well. I found wonderful birthday gifts for myself at both stores. Happy Happy Joy Joy!


When I got home, of course I had to take another pic of my hydrangea. One can never take too many pics of a gorgeous blue hydrangea!

Happy Birthday To Me!

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Happy Birthday! And of course, you ended the celebration by watching Project Runway. (I'm waiting for your nutshell!) I drove to Wiscasset for some all-by-myself exploring and shopping on my birthday last year. I'm glad you had a fun outing!