Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rockstar Rundown... er... Smackdown

2 original songs offered this time. The group decided that consistent bottom 3 people should get those. Hmmm. I think if the bottom three people can’t take an already established song and own it, then why in the hell would I be interested in a song of their own? And in my opinion, I was proved right.

Dilana wanted Police’s “Every Breath You Take” and Toby, for pay backs, said he wanted it too. He dared her to run buck-naked around the pool and Dilana did. Not only did we have fuzzy butt shots of her, but fuzzy frontal shots too! She seemed to have more fun being nude than Toby did.

Storm agonized over Aerosmith’s “Cryin’”.

Gilby introduced his canine companion, Chopper.

My opinions…
Patrice – her pitch seemed off more than several times, no oomph, the back-up band was better than she was, I spent her performance channel surfing.

Magni – he sang Nirvana, he fudged some lyrics, he was okay, I channel surfed again.

Ryan – what made him pick this song? What made him think this was the best representation of his talents? I was not impressed whatsoever with the guitar act. Just because the band said they wanted something destroyed, doesn't mean you do it immediately after they say it. Ryan’s scrunched up facial expression when he is being “critiqued” always reminds me of a pug dog after he’s peed somewhere in the house and got caught. When the band asked him what happened (meaning they wanted to know what made him “rock out”), he announced he got laid. I really have no comment, actually I have lots, but they appear to have caused a log jam and nothing is coming out. And most of them would be highly inappropriate.

Storm – “crazy eyes” return, I thought she had trouble with the higher register but she does well with the lower register. She actually is one of the rare ones who can stay on pitch. After she sang, she and the band had a little spankin-repartee going on. Tommy wants her to wear less clothing and she dared Dave to come and take her corset off her.

Dilana – rocked the Police song. I think her voice is like a mix of Kim Carnes (remember “Bette Davis Eyes”?) and a masculine Stevie Nicks with the burr. I thought she did a great rendition, but… her eyelashes made her look wall-eyed! Bad fashion choice. I loved how they cut to a bummed out Lukas during her “critique”.

Toby – did a new arrangement on “Layla” and took on Zayra’s mushmouthiness. Yuck. I did not find anything slightly redeeming in his performance, he was boring, ho-hum, taking his shirt off was so not exciting (I prefer my men a bit on the beefier side, meaning bigger arms and chest), and the band’s positive comments – Whafa?

Lukas – his voice veers around too much for my taste, he’s all over vocally and this is not a compliment. He does need to face the audience more, the band was right on that.

Cut to my favorite commercial: The two old ladies sitting on the sofa with biker voices and making motorcycle noises. I LOVE when “they” say “Shoot” and “Yeah, shoot”.

Then bottom three at the end of show – Patrice, Storm, and Toby.

No comments: