Monday, October 16, 2006

Something Strange in the Dead of Saturday Night

Saturday night I tried to stay up late in the Chair of Death and read. Not happening. Mowing tired my ass right out (damn motorized inanimate objects who don’t want to start and make me wing my arm back 50 million times and then show me that the people who fixed the oil leak FORGOT to put in one of the screws to keep the rope starter in place so I had to get my tool box and dig around to find a screw that kinda fits and put it in place!!!!) and I kept dropping the book on the closest cat. I succumbed and went to bed and was in a dead sleep. As I was turning over (I typically wake up a little while turning over), I heard the phone ringing. I have no idea what time it is but I fling off the covers and race myopically and sleepily to the living room to answer the damn phone. Conversation as follows:

Me: Hello?
Me: Hello?
??: Uh, hello.
Me: Who is this?
??: Joe Williams
Me: Well Joe, do you realized its 4:00 in the morning. [this was said after an extremely large squint at the tiny VCR clock over six feet away and I thought that’s what the numbers looked like.]
Joe: It’s not 4:00am here.
Me: Well it is here. [continuing to believe I saw the time correctly, hah]
Joe: Where’s here?
Me: Wherever you just called.
Joe: Oh.
Me: I believe you have the wrong number.
Joe: Oh.
Me: [hung up on him]

I lumber back to bed and decide to write this little episode down for blogging purposes and had just finish writing “If it’s not 4:00am where he’s at, then he needed to do a 1 -(area code) - number, so where did he think he was calling?” when I decided to look at the clock in my bedroom. It said 1:44am. Oops, am I bad. That’s what happens when you need visual implements to aid said horrible natural vision.

So Joe’s excuse was that he was most likely making a drunken booty call and dialed the wrong number sans (area code).

My excuse was that I was woken out of a heavy sleep, can’t see on a given day – no less in the middle of the night – without my contacts or glasses, and I was highly irritated as I was having sexual prank caller flashbacks.

2 comments:

The Edward said...

"sexual prank caller"? Did you make this calls, or receive this calls in the past? One way would be more fun than the other, probably.

Samantha said...

I received a prank call of a sexual nature a couple weeks ago and so I thought it was the same guy. It wasn't. I am so hoping the strange phone call trend ends right here!