Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Halloween Costumes 4.0

I decided to be a gypsy in middle school. I borrowed a wonderful black knitted or crocheted shawl from my mom, as well as the befloralled dress underneath. I got to wear oodles of make-up and beads. Some extremely dark "grown-up" hose and my "platform" woven sandals and I was givin' off some major gypsy vibe. I think I went to a dance and was mortified, a la Farmer Ted in "Sixteen Candles", by the geekboy actually named Ted who had a huge crush on me. Started the trend of me not attending school dances.



My brother, on the other hand, was a creation straight out of my mother's mind. She got a big white shirt or lab coat and sewed milk jugs (by their handles) onto it. Cut a hat jug for his head and stuck sale stickers all over him. One of the neighbors called her up and said "I heard your son was dressed up as 'jugs'. So when he shows up, he's not the jugs I was thinking of." Nice. Who in their right mind would think my parents would dress my brother up as a set of boobies?


I had to do it, brother o' mine. Don't worry, I won't be showing any pics of you as an adult!

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

You forgot the best part--the awesome sound he made when he walked around in that jug outfit. He was DELIGHTED!