Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Costumes 6.0

Well. The last in the series of costumes. This one I created all on my own. I worked at a daycare and and the year before we all had to dress within a Disney theme (I was Dopey, great hat with big-ass ears attached!). But we rebelled the next year and so we all got to go with our own choice. I bought the red stuff at Joanne's - it's the vinyl table cloth stuff. I made a template for my claws, head, and tail, cut them out and hand sewed it all together. I stuffed the parts so they would be 3-Dish. The tail is safety pinned to my behind (on my red sweatshirt) with HUGE pins. And the back of my head needed a safety pin or two to stay in place. Needless to say, I created quite the stir at the daycare and when we went on our "parade" thru the town streets, I had Japanese tourists snapping pictures of me right and left. So there are random pics of me looking huge, red, and lobstery in Japan. Kind of disturbing on one level, flattering (altho the costume sure ain't) on another. My friends and I went to an official Halloween Party in the neighboring town at the "meat market" we'd typically frequent. I had many looks and comments, but the best one was "I'd like to butter you up and take you home to eat". UGH. I didn't win the contest. Some big boobied genie with see-thru clothes did. Oh well. I was showing off some major red leggage!



1 comment:

Madpuppy said...

Thanks for the costume pix. My blogger photo is my costume from last year- shotgun wound to the head zombie. Unfortunately, the picture was taken towards the end of the night, when some of the make-up was wearing off, and you really can't see the shotgun blast I worked so hard on.

Trust me- it worked better in dim light- a lot of my friends couldn't even look at my face while I was in it. To me, that's the sign of a good costume.