Monday, October 09, 2006

PsuedoAunt Sam

I got to spend all of Saturday with my friend J2 and her son, my pseudonephew, TJ!!! Since my brother isn't having any nieces and nephews any time soon, J2 generously offered her son to be my pseudonephew. It's great! I met him the day of his birth and I can make him laugh in the midst of a tantrum/crying jag by saying "Boogabutt" or "How you doin?" (like Joey from "Friends"). J2 has been teaching him sign language to help him when he can't say or remember the word he wants and she says his favorite phrase is "more Sam" while he signs 'more'.

We went candlepin bowling (He's better than the two of us adults, he's got this sort of slow Zen thing going where you think his ball isn't going to make it and it bounces off the bumpers and makes a perfect angled hit and knocks down 4-5 pins. J2 and I are Queens of the One Pin.) and then to Pumpkinland with a quick stop at a fabulous candyshop/bakery. I am going to have to go back as their Cracked Black Peppercorn/Parmesan Bread has become my new to-die-for-must-have-and-I-will-beat-you-to-a-pulp-for-the-last-loaf favorite. Serious bread folks!

Here are a few pics of our day...









TJ is an individualist, that's why he's sitting backwards on the digger.






TJ is muckled on to my leg trying to escape the Killer Pumpkin that's chasing him!

We had the best time. The pictures really don't give you the scope of the size and sheer number of people there. J2 and I got to see a plethora of parenting skills and lack thereof. And I was truly pissed at the number of parents that let their kids be pushy and rude. I swear I had to hold my self back coz there were two little boys that overran the wooden tractor and wouldn't let TJ on it when it was his turn. But don't get me started, there was a mother I was going to have to verbally take down if she didn't get her dumb-ass kid off the digger and let TJ have a turn. We took him on the big slide featured above, but he did not want to go again. His favorite parts were the animals, the water pump, and watching the pedal racers.

A good time was had by all.

No comments: