Friday, October 20, 2006

Halloween Costumes 2.0

Yep, the siblings again. This picture may be the Halloween right before the princess and the football player or the Halloween after. "The Princess and the Football Player". Sounds like one of those bad romances:) Either that or a hokey juvenile book title. In this pic, I'm sort of a Southern Belle or Anne of Green Gables character. Well, I look like that to me now but I didn't know about Belles or Annes at that time. Maybe I think I'm a princess. I don't remember. My brother is Popeye. The extreme tans are due to the good ole Florida sun! I think we're wearing our parents clothes. I don't remember who's car that is in the background. Stay tuned for more costume pics...

3 comments:

Joanne S said...

You were at grandma's house and that was her "didn't catch fire yet, Pinto".

Deborah Boschert said...

Surely you've seen "Quarterback Princess" starring Helen Hunt? It's a classic. I'm loving these costume pictures. My favorite old Halloween pictures are the one where my sister and I are sitting on the living room floor with all our candy spread out on newspaper so my parents could take out all the pieces that might have had needles stuck in them. (I think they were actually taking out all the pieces that they wanted to eat themselves and hiding them away. At least that's what I do when my kids bring home a bucket full of candy.)

Madpuppy said...

You're lucky- my mom wasn't the creative type, so we always got stuck with those costumes that came in a box and had cheap plastic masks. The best one I ever had was Batman, but the seam on the costume split right away, so I'm sure I didn't inspire too much terror in evil doers.

I think this deprivation is what drives me to create a lot of cool, yet ghastly, costumes every year (see my avatar for last year's- shotgun blast to the head zombie.)