Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Savior Slambo to the Rescue

This morning I had the greatest difficulty waking up and getting out of bed. Thank goodness my 8:30am CPR class was cancelled. There’s no way I could have made that class in decent clothes, blowdried hair, and eaten breakfast prior to getting there. Once I got moving, I had contact lens issues. Some how I managed to transfer a sticky non-absorbent fingerprint to each lens and no amount of rubbing removes it. I have no idea what the substance is, but it is tenacious. Actually I have been dealing with issue the past week into this week and finally had enough this morning (one smudge is in the middle of the lens and cloudy vision is just not an option). I opened two new lenses and made sure my fingers were saturated with saline solution before even touching them much less transferring them onto my eyeball. Then as I was leaving, I noticed an extremely panicked bird in my garage. It was repeatedly throwing itself against the window at the end, cheeping, panting, fluffing, and generally working itself into a huge state. I talked to it calmly as I got my work stuff in the car. I walked over to the window and tried to encourage the little sparrow to hop on the expired license plate so I could carry it out of the garage. Nope, it was having none o’ that. So I looked around the garage to see what “tools” I had available to deal with this situation. Ah hah, an old dishwashing tub and a cardboard tray! I angled the tub under the sparrow when he flew upwards a bit. I caught him but he escaped twice before I managed to successfully get the tray over the tub as a lid while he was still in it. I gently carried all the paraphernalia and bird out of the garage. When I got into the middle of the backyard, I lifted the lid and that bird flew off towards the trees like the Hounds of Hell were after it. I hope it doesn’t have a heart attack. I was told birds can easily get so stressed they can die of a heart attack resulting from panic. Just call me a softhearted bird rescuer. I hope the good feeling lasts thru this sucky people day. Chances are its not gonna.

No comments: