Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-Changes...

I feel like having a major knock-down drag-out flippin’ tantrum. I want to kick, scream, flop to the floor, and just bewail change at the top of my lungs.

I know that change is the standard, nothing stays the same, change = growth, accepting change is healthy and mature, and adjusting yourself to change is positive.

Well, I DON’T WANNA be all healthy positive and mature. I want to be two years old and mad as hell!

What’s going on is that there are inter-office shifts (read: moving people around) and my favorite co-worker is leaving my office and going across the hall. Now she had stated at yesterday’s staff meeting that she wanted to stay put but the gum-chomping/loud-talking/“like-you-know-what-I-mean”/constantly-talking-repetitively co-worker made HER move contingent on taking Favorite Co-worker with her. So that means I stay. And the sop from my supervisor is that “the new employees wanted to be with you as they said you’ve done most of their training.” Right.

I liked coming to the office in the morning and seeing Favorite Co-worker at her desk, having late afternoon marathon belly laugh sessions, just turning my head and asking wording questions which would lead to totally inappropriate conversation or making sarcastic comments on life in general, and just knowing she was there. You know how you have people in your life that you are just happy by being in their company? She’s like that. She makes me feel better about crappy things, she makes me smile, she makes the day brighter, and she’s a trooper.

Yes I know she’s just across the hall, but still, that’s not the point. The point is the change and hole in the office. And the petty side of my mind is pissed someone stipulated SHE’d move only if she took Favorite Co-worker along. Pissed.

Color me two years old.

1 comment:

Joanna Stein said...

I feel for you. I hope that you develop an equally nice bond with the new people.

I really hate when they move people around. Don't they know if it isn't broken don't fix it rule?