Friday, August 10, 2007

Moving Day at the Office

So the whole Suite has been in total chaos and upheaval the entire day. I was the only one not to move. Says something… not sure I like what it says.

I did something to my back this morning so I was unable to be the big strong helper I typically am. No one wants a workman’s comp issue. Not sure what the back issue was. All I know is that I woke up, walked to the bathroom, sat down, and instantly stood back up because the sharp shooting pain in the small of my back was not to be endured in the seated position. I almost did not make it back to the bedroom coz my legs felt weak. Lying down on my back, side, or stomach didn’t help. I literally could not stand up straight, bend from the waist, or turn to the side for about an hour and I thought I was going to pass out in the shower. Things did end up loosening up in the shower a bit and by the time I was driving to work, I was actually able to sit and bend at the waist at a 90* angle. Right now (late afternoon) every thing seems to be back to normal except for occasional minor twinges and what appears to be residual soreness, but I can reach my toes again and pick things up and sit for longer than 5 minutes. I must have tweaked the muscles wrong first thing this morning.

Anyhoo, all day long it’s been chickens without heads running amok in the Suite. Some stuff or people could not be moved as other stuff needed to be moved to make room and then there was no where to move that stuff as there was no room to put it anywhere and then two people were missing who needed to be packed up. Yeah, just utter chaos.

But everyone is now in their respective positions busy as bees trying to re-nest themselves, the phones are being reprogrammed, and all the computers work. So I guess all’s well that end’s well. I’m still going to miss Favorite Co-Worker. Gum-Chewing Co-Worker left several of her plants on my office’s windowsill. I consulted with my two new office-mates and with their approval, made the executive decision to move the fugly plants into her new office and put them on her windowsill. Hah, executive decision. I also managed to snag a wall shelf for my office. Sheer shameless greediness I know, but my office has the wall for the longest shelf and damn-it, I’ve been coveting a shelf ever since we moved to this building.

Going to a BBQ Saturday night. I’m in charge of making a potato salad. I’d like to make it with the “gourmet” purple potatoes but that may gross out the less creative eaters, so I will most likely just go the normal potato route.

No comments: