Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today is NOT a Good Day

It’s PMS week.

I woke up with a headache.

I woke up tired and had a very difficult time actually getting out of bed.

I came home last night to a message from the vet’s saying their outsource analysts have no record of the fabulous urine sample I collected last Thursday and could I collect another. I told Moomin this and he gave me a small bright yellow, verging on orange, sample on demand.

This morning, I watched Moomin try four times to give me a urine sample and the last time he was finally able to strain out a tiny bloody sample, no more than 4-5 drops.

I took a shower angry and frustrated, feelings which only grew as I got ready for work.

I took the sample into the vet's and tried really hard to contain my anger while explaining that I am extremely upset and frustrated that now Moomin is worse than he was when I first told them he was having UTI symptoms, gave them the first sample, and got the one week’s worth of antiBs. Now what ever that week’s antiBs has killed off has come back with a vengeance and stronger because it’s been a full week of no meds and now he has bloody pee and is straining and this should have been taken care of two fucking weeks ago!!!

The vet isn’t coming in until 2:00pm today and it’s the woman vet I am so not impressed with. I was told to call today at that time. I’m in a meeting at that time. I have another meeting at 3:00pm.

I plan on calling in between the meetings, but if the vet is coming in at 2pm, she’s not going to have analyzed the sample by the time I call.

On the way to work, there was much evidence of recent roadkill, so depressing and so not what I need to see when worried about my kitty.

It’s kinda feeling like whenever something good happens or there’s good news, the Universe needs to have an immediate SlamboSmackdown every time.

No comments: