Monday, August 06, 2007

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Friday night was boomerific! The storm was a long time coming, massive when it arrived, and took it's sweet time to move away. Perfect photo-op for pictures I thought. I tried out the 16 frame picture (took lots of shots) and got some nice views that only needed to be cropped out of the series of 16, enlarged, and sharpened on the computer. Unfortunately I don't have the sharpening option directly on the camera, so when I developed straight from my memory card, the pictures were all digitalized and sucky. But thanks to the computer, you get to see the better pictures.


This was before the storm actually arrived. It was just lighting up the sky at this point and I totally didn't know I got this pretty shot at the time.

I'm in my garage at this point. Things were starting to whip up and I thought I should be under cover so the camera didn't get wet.

This lightening was SOOOOO close that it scared the pants off of me and I almost dropped the camera as you can tell by the double-y exposure!


Then the rain was very intense. You'd never know that this was taken at 10:00pm at night. The lightening just lit it up. See the rain on the roof!

The storm was moving away but I did get this shot, close but not close enough to scare the pants off of me. I got lots of mosquito bites trying to be all Storm Catcherish.




Two things I learned: 1) the garage isn't that great of a storm buffer, but keeps the rain off you and 2) I need to use the "continuous" setting on the camera, should eliminate the pauses between frames and I'd have better luck with actually catching more strikes on digfilm. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will get some more chances to Storm Catch this week.

No comments: