Monday, January 15, 2007

Why, Hello There!!

It’s a Monday holiday and it’s currently snowing like the bajeezus outside. Supposedly supposed to change over to sleet or freezing rain later today. We’ll see.

Guess where I am right now?

Nope, not at home.

Nope, not at the library or my parents’ house.

I’m at work working on a holiday day as I need the money and took much time off in addition to Christmas Day and New Year’s Day for the window replacements. Also it’s a good time to get paperwork and plans done without the phone ringing because who in their right mind other than me would brave the elements to go to work on what should be a day off during a Winter Weather Advisory! Call me crazy and be done with it. And I can see from my second story perch that there are plenty of other crazies out and about driving at VERY unsafe speeds for roads that have ice under the lovely and drifting snow.

I plan to join the crazies later this afternoon and go grocery shopping, coz, I don’t know, if snow is falling, not only do you have to drive death-defyingly fast, but you also must jam up the grocery stores buying all sorts of much needed staples so you don’t end up Donner Partying your household.

So, I’m going to leave you all to enjoy your day off and continue on my merry working way. I may take another break as I am alone and will need to converse with someone even if it’s just a blog post!

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

We must go to the grocery store today too -- even though it's only 26 degrees in Dallas. The city shuts down. Luckily (or not) since it's a holiday, there are no school closings and and most people will be home anyway and not making a crazy mess of the roads.

Joanne S said...

I drove my car to Karri's to get my hair cut. Yep. My car on those roads. I lost traction once--on the way out of Karri's onto 24. The yellow traction light came on. First time I'd ever seen that! LOL

I baked cookies so far today (nuts) and have stale "birdie" bread drying in the warm oven. I'm thinking about some baked squash or cauliflower soup.