Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm Now Vacuum Packed Into My House

My windows are in, finally. It's been a 4 day process, but a 3 day working process. They came on Thursday, did the two back bedrooms and were outta there by 4:00pm. One guy got all nose runny and his eyes swelled shut, so They went on an hour's Benadryl run. Arrived bright and early on Friday (no longer all vehklempt) and completed the front window (which was a MAJOR project!) and stripped the kitchen and bathroom windows but did not replace them. I asked and was told they would come Saturday "weather permitting". It did not permit even tho I optimistically woke up super early for a weekend day. Damn rain. So I spent the day with J2 and her son TJ (shopping for truck decor, Applebee's, and bowling) and it got all 60* and sunny for the afternoon. I get a call at 8pm telling me They are coming Sunday. So once again, I wake up before the butt-crack of dawn to be ready, cats stuffed away, and rooms ready. Well, I'm scooping the poop at 7:30am and They drive up. I rushed around the house like a certified loony grabbing cats right and left and jamming them into the spare bedroom. I and they were NOT thrilled. Thank god I was showered and dressed and not pottying! See pictures below!

Old kitchen window. The vehklempt guy told me they were "pretty bad, one of the worst he's seen and it's a good thing I replaced them."

Old side living room windows, with the cheap-ass storm windows.

One of my new bedroom windows. Notice how sleek and shiny they are!


The new kitchen window from inside.


This is my old front window taken out. See my Wooden Christmas Tree Display post to see the old window in action.

The new front window, 3 windows in one! Now all my windows match! FABULOUS!!

My new front window from the inside. I can get rid of my lined curtains that came with the house and were fugly beyond belief now that I am hermetically sealed into my house!

And I can put my mirrored balls back up that catch the sunlight and sprinkle it around my living room. So pretty!

4 comments:

Joanne S said...

Yes! They are the most beautiful of windows. Saw them myself. And the house is so warm and quiet now.

Joanna Stein said...

Awesome!

The vehklempt guy told me they were "pretty bad, one of the worst he's seen and it's a good thing I replaced them."

I wonder what would have happend had you not replaced them.

I would love to get rid of my California slat windows, the living room gets pretty windy when the Santa Ana winds are blowing.

Deborah Boschert said...

Excellent. They look so snappy... now what will you do with that cool old one with the eight panels? It would make an interesting piece of wall art.

Samantha said...

Deborah,
The 8-pane window is in such crappy shape with mold, mildew, and peeling that it doesn't lend itself to an arty project. Smelly! And here in Maine, there are always free windows on the side of the road or at barn shops.