Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

On two of my blog links (All Sorts and Posie Gets Cozy), they were tagged to do this “6 Weird Things about You” meme (again, what the hell does this word mean!?!?). Here’s my version but you don’t have to consider yourself tagged unless you want to or you have some overwhelming OCD urge to do so.

1) I ate a homemade PB sandwich for lunch every day from Kindergarten to 7th-8th grade. On weekends, I lobbied for PB and Bacon sandwiches (so yummy!).

2) I had an invisible imaginary cat as a pet for years until I managed to convince my mom to get our first real cat when I was in the 6th grade. The imaginary cat was a big white fluffy long-haired cat with green eyes; very unlike my past and current cats. I love me my short-haired non-matting cats.

3) I can fit my entire fist in my mouth, well, as least I think I can, it's been a while since I've tried this particular trick. It was a great money-maker on bets and free drink-getter (with the guys not realizing there would be ABSOLUTELY NO drunken follow-thru! I have standards you know!)

4) I cannot stand the feel of my nails running across denim or a denim-like fabric. Huge heebeegeebies and goosebumps!

5) I tap my books constantly when I read, usually with florist wire cut down to appropriate book size. I have a hard time concentrating on reading if I’m not tapping the book. I can “not tap” in public so I don’t irritate other people and/or make myself stick out like a freak.

6) I will do whatever I need to do to avoid using any bathroom other than my own. Public restrooms are off limits and the office bathrooms/friend’s houses are only for dire emergencies. I totally make sure I’m pottied before I go somewhere and drink sparingly while out and about. Yes, I know this is an “unhealthy” behavior. Yes, I have perfected the “hover method” but I prefer to use my own bathroom and not have to use said method. Yes, my doctor has spoken to me about this. Yes, I concede there are times when it is unavoidable, but I do my best to plan to make sure the unavoidable doesn’t happen.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

The hand in mouth thing is hereditary- or I taught you the "trick".

I do not take any responsibility for the bathroom thing. And never knew about the imaginary cat.