Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What I Am Thankful For...

I’m thankful both my parents are alive and that I live near enough so I can get a parental infusion of unconditional love, support, and assistance when needed.

I’m thankful my brother hasn’t fallen into the ocean and that we have a great sibling relationship.

I’m thankful my Grampa is doing so well health-wise and has two people who regularly check up on him, do the heavier work he’s not able to do, and spend the holiday day days with him.

I’m thankful for my three furry felines who brighten my days, fill my ears with purring and growling, look forward to my homecoming, and comfort me when I’m sick or feeling down.

I’m thankful for my bevy of friends, who refuse to allow me to sink into hermithood and who provide me with a profusion of loving friendship.

I’m thankful for my home which is full of the things I love. Every time I come home, I feel wrapped up in comfort and safety, surrounded by books, cats, and family and friend mementos (pictures, furniture, gifts, etc).

I’m thankful for my health, things can go out of whack every now and again, but the basic foundation of healthiness is solid.

I’m thankful for having a job that interests me and provides me with a level of security income-wise.

I’m thankful for my car that’s bright red and tooting along just fine.

I’m thankful for my caseload, they provide me the opportunities to stretch my mind and be creative as well as providing me the outlet for being helpful.

I’m thankful for the ability to learn new things. I may resist the effort, but I appreciate the results and added knowledge.

No comments: