Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cookies Galore!

I, the Queen of Multi-Tasking, made my father cookies for his birthday while simultaneously watching Prison Break’s “Fall Finale”, keeping the cats from any and all ingredients, making my own late dinner and eating it, and cleaning up after everything. I also managed to fit in both household products (at Target) and food (at the grocery) shopping trips after work. Bow down before my immense multi-taskingness!!

Here are some pics of the fabulous GingerSnapless and Molasses Cookies I made for my dad. YUM!! My co-workers got to nibble on all the ones that didn’t fit in the container for my dad. I certainly hope my dad likes them; there was much effort on my part. You can find the recipe below the pics. Sorry they are blurry, I had to run interference and my hands were gooky.






GingerSnapless and Molasses Cookies

Sift together:
6 cups of flour
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp cloves (powdered or crushed)
¾ tsp ginger powder

Cream together:
2 ½ cups of sugar
2 ¼ cups shortening
3 eggs

Mix them together and add ¾ cup of molasses.
Work with hands.
Roll 1 inch balls.
Roll balls in sugar.
Put on cookie sheet 2 inches or so apart, they do spread a bit.
350* for 12 minutes, a tad more if you like super-crunchy.

Sorry Dad, Doodle and Moomin managed to lick a few of the done cookies and some of the to-be-cooked cookies. But I am not giving you those, I already ate them!

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Well, you're turning into quite the domestic goddess. And remember when making "toast" was the extent of your cooking ability? Not that long ago.

I may gift you with a sewing machine and you can make pillows, aprons, and stuff to fluff your colorful nest.