Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Holy Freakin' Garden, Batman!*

*See June 22, 2008 post for comparison!
Here's the garden so far... The tomaters are taller than me, the beans are trying to take over every other plant's space, the pepper is making two peppers, the squash finally fell over the edges of the barrells, and I'm trying to train the pumpkin vine (1) to go into the compost area.


This pumpkin vine (2) has pretty much taken over the allotted area before the forsythia.

This other-side-of-the-forsythia pumpkin vine (3) is going around the corner.

This pumpkin is on (2) vine. My hand is for scale. I've NEVER had a pumpkin this big before the end of July so I'm looking forward to what it's big destiny will be!

I finally got my second pumpkin this weekend on vine (3). The fertilization gods must have smiled down on this baby. My finger is for scale.

And those never-can-remember plants out front are finally sporting some flowers.

No comments: