Monday, June 16, 2008

So Here's Hoping...

Mercury Retrograde will not negatively effect my:
1) newly planted pumpkin plants
2) newly planted donated Nikko Blue hydrangea
3) newly planted moonflower
4) newly planted something or others that have flowers that resemble cardinals
5) newly planted tomato plants
6) newly planted lone pepper plant
7) newly seeded green bean suprise.

All day Saturday I weeded my back of the house landscape garden. The weeds had proliferated so badly they were taking over and I could no longer see dirt. And, man, were they ugly-ass weeds too. So it was with some major hostility displacement and vengeful satisfaction that I dug their butts up and dumped them where they will NOT be happy which is a pile of weedbegone in the back of my neighbor's house that she kindly lets me use to make weeds and other non-wanted growing crap disappear. I also emptied two of my compost bins - meaning I dug out about 1 to 1.5 feet of wet slimy decomposing dark stuff that had some semblence to leaves which was many-wheel barrows full transported to the newly weeded beds and then dug out the remaining 2 feet or so of fresh new mulchy dirt and wheel barrowed that on top of the slimy stuff. Needless to say, it was an Aleve of an evening. I also got to eat at Mom and Dad's - some homemade Potstickers. YUM!

Sunday I was all set to max and relax in my PJs with books and cats coz it was raining. Unbeknownst to me that is the perfect weather for gardening and Mom was on her way over. So I had to drag some clean gardening clothes on, find a sort of waterproof jacket and hat, tromp outside, and dig up the remaining compost bin for dirt for the three pumpkin mounds. Let me tell you, I have never seen earthworms that big. They were the size of gummy worms. I put the slimy layer (which was giving off steam) in one of the other compost bins to start up some more dirt and had enough newly made dirt to make three mounds. Mom got to my place at that point with more plants (the above mentioned numbers 2, 4, 6, and 7). She also had fertilizer, Epsom salts (for the tomato plants), and surprise bean seeds in her pocket. So I ended up gardening in the rain and taking more Aleve after she left. The backs of my thighs were screaming. Haven't felt like that since my soccer days. I treated Dad to a Blizzard for Father's Day.

Today I made an appointment to test drive a Honda Fit Sport on Friday while my car gets an oil change and her battery cleaned. Fingers crossed I like it coz if I don't, that means I'm back to the drawing board and I don't wanna be there.

Gpa left me a message asking me to call him. I did and he said his DTV coupon hasn't arrived yet and he wants me to call them to find out when he's supposed to get it because "they talk too fast for him to understand them". After about 5 minutes of me shouting for a number, any number, confirmation number, coupon number, identification number, reference number, I got a number and then I spent 5 more minutes trying to figure out what type of number it was so I don't make an ass of myself on the phone when I call. Stroke apraxia can be frustrating for both parties. He couldn't say the word the number was and I can't process quickly-spelled-out-loud words so to say we both got miffed was an understatement. But once we got it all figured out we were fine. He said he had some company over the weekend and the dogs went so crazy with barking the fat one couldn't breathe and had to choke-cough repeatedly. That must have been a treat and a half. He can't hear very well in the first place and to have those two dogs non-stop barking while the company is trying to have a conversation with Gpa, I'm rather glad I missed that. I had enough excitement when the oxygen guy came while I was there.

1 comment:

Joanna Stein said...

Do you like the Honda? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Fit. I want to buy another one when we upgrade the truck. It is a fantastic car.