Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Thought Things Were Gonna Go Better...

So May sucked ass and I was really hoping June would be better. Glad I didn't bet any money on that coz June is running a very close second to the suckiness that was May.

Good things:
-My squash are planted and happy little boogers. Now I just need to get my pumpkins from Mom's, hopefully this weekend.
-My forsythia have all just gotten so big and unpathetic this year. Yea!
-The white pine pollen doesn't seem to be tripping my allergy alarm system like the past two years (no live things crawling around under my skin feelings and I've not finished a box of tissue in a few months, that's a big difference).
-I got some new RipStop shorts from EddieBauer that are wear-to-workable, comfortable, and great!
-My mom is happy at her job and she has tiny little arms (I'm so jealous).
-I can't wait to make the crock pot recipe again.
-And I'm car shopping. (Which is nice and exciting in one way, but smarmy salemen make it not so nice in other ways.)

Bad things:
-Much stress and crisis control associated with work continues.
-Hobbes threw up his entire breakfast this AM and also tried to go to the bathroom 5x before I got him to the vet's (his pooper is fine, his bladder was empty but slightly harder than the vet thinks is normal, so I'm to keep an eye on him for possible bladder infection, will these boy issues never end?).
-I have to cut the grass with my non-motorized push mower. Now while I've been on the GoGreen bandwagon with this mower since before the gas crisis and I actually like using it, it does not do a SUPER efficient job. So my yard will be slightly scraggily this summer. Oh well and who cares, not gonna pay outrageous gas prices to mow my little neigborhood lawn.
-I'm finding dog poop in my yard and when I finally catch them, someone's gonna need new ears and possibly new clothes.
-On a related note, somefurrybody has been scooting and leaving poopschmears on several carpets and pieces of furniture. Can you say ick and gross and STOP that right now!?
-The weather has been freakishly hot and humid and if there is one thing I DO NOT tolerate well is weather that resembles being in someone's mouth for 4 days straight.
-The ticks are huge and big and everywhere, EVERYWHERE!!
-I'm worried about Gpa.
-I'm finding it harder and harder to just get up in the morning during the week. And I'm finding I'm staying in my PJs far too long on the weekend days.
-My dad wants me to try one car and I don't like it's looks and I hate being oppositional with my parents.

So, enough kevetching. My friend J told me that she has tracked the full moon for years (one is coming up soon) and found that in addition to the kiddos at the preschool reacting negatively to the full moon's regular cycle, she found that every now and then there was a BAD two months where everything for everyone seemed to go to hell in a handbasket. And it's that time in the cycle she's plotted. I just talked with her recently and she and her family members are all having an extremely difficult time, as well as other people around her. I wonder if it's Mercury Retrograde... Hold on let me check... Yep, Mercury Retrograde started May 26 and ends June18. Of course things sucked before the 26, so Mercury must have been doing a pre-show treat. Some treat. Hopefully after this full moon, positivity is headed our way.

No comments: