Sunday, June 22, 2008

Garden 2008

So here's this year's garden. Two of my three pumpkin plants are over in the bed directly behind my house, only one is in the other raised bed. Click on it for larger view to actually see what's in the beds.


I'm not sure I've ever seen a pumpkin plant that grows straight up. I keep waiting for it to lay down. No the jugs are not holding it up.

My wee little pepper plant has a wee little pepper. Dad told me the plant stem gets very strong and "not to worry" about the pepper bending the plant to the ground.

I actually have 4 tiny squash, but to avoid being redundant, here's one set of the four.

One of my tomato plants has flowers.

These are those plants (supposed to grow about 5 feet high) that my mom said have red flowers that look like cardinals.

Little Nikko Blue hydrangea.

And the moonflower. I keep trying to encourage it to grow around the black post, but it keeps wanting to stretch towards the deck stairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful posts! I loved the pics of your garden------gives a very good idea of what things look like when folks really care about their gardens. I'm not much of a gardener, but admire those who are.

As always, very entertaining reads!

Interesting stuff about the Mercury retrograde and all. I don't know much at all about this, but I do know that living things are very affected by the moon, planets' positions, etc. If only I knew how to get that info and what to do with it once I get it! One of a list of 'things to learn' that I haven't yet done.

Have a good one! SMILES!

Meg