Thursday, June 19, 2008

Look What Happened To Doodle!

She's been SHAVED!!! On her pretty white bib. When I took her to the vet today, I did not expect this to happen. She had some extreme diarrhea this morning so I scheduled to bring her in after work. They asked me to bring them a sample and I told them not to worry, it's been isolated and ready to bring over. So I get home and the sample has been fermenting in my pseudomudroom. So nice and fragrant. The "cat" vet (who is super nice and smart) told me that she doesn't see or feel anything wrong but due to Doodle's age, it might be hyperthyroidism. She told me to keep an eye on her to see if she increases what she eats. I had to explain to Dr. W that Doodle doesn't get a chance to free range and eat whatever, so I have no way to tell coz she gets a certain amount for b-fast, a certain amount for dinner, a sprinkle for bedtime snack, and no more. After some discussion, we decided to have blood drawn to rule hyperthyroidism out and coz Doodle is of the age (8) where the vet should have a baseline. The vet whisked Doodle away, the technician brought her back, I paid, and came home. I had no idea they shaved a two inch square until she lifted her head to my hand to give me an "I forgive you" head butt.




I like the effect of this one, like sun's whiskers on Doodle with her whiskers.

Hobbes all handsome in the sun and not hissing at Doodle for once, even tho she smells all vettish and alcoholish and scary.

Miss B profilin' with Moomin.

See the eyes in the background?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a good picture! :) CEW