Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Teacher Says...

I should put my kaleidoscope pictures in a show. He told me that he Googled K-scope pics after last week's class where I shared a few. He said

"Your pictures are far better than what I saw."

Whoowhee! Gets my self-esteem all in a flutter! And this from a professional photographer with a career. Who knew me, a bitty little camera, and cheap kid's toy could make "Andy Warhol-like" arty pictures? I certainly didn't expect that kind of reaction.

So here are some recent samples with some kitter-cats thrown in.







I know the eyes are creepy but the class said that's what makes them work. And yes, that's my eye!

I'm the maverick of the class with my simple pointNshoot and chance-taking coz I don't know the rules and I'm constantly trying to get beyond run-of-the-mill expected pictures.

But I do need to work more on my composition, cropping, and point-of-view.

No comments: