Monday, March 17, 2008

Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives

Is it wrong that every time I catch this show on TV that I want to just chuck my job and open my own Dive?

I swear, all that food, all that home cookin', all that fried deliciousness and greasy goodness, all those "just duct tape them to my thighs" desserts, makes me wanna just cook a crowd happy or at the very least put them into a coma.

My menu would feature Spaghetti Bread, chili, split pea soup, C-cubed dip and chips (creamchzchili), pasta of all simple filling sorts, my pepper/sausage eggrolls, steamed Raviolis with crunchy outsides and veggie dip, grilled chz, chicken salad wraps, sweet potato fries, extra crispy chicken bites, fried chz and fried veggies like you get at the local fair, Mom's pot roast and corned beef and stuffed cabbage, Party Pretzels, shakes that are so thick you could use them for spackle, plate sized cookies, brownie sundaes, and that's the tip of the iceberg. Mostly there'd be some regular stuff and the others would be whenever! Of course this is all just a pipe dream, me blowing sunshine up my overalls, daydreams are no-mess fun!

Not to mention I want to EAT, damn show makes me hungry even when I'm not hungry.

Also, I think I might have a "thing" for Guy. Call me crazy, must be the fry fumes going to my head, but he's tweakin' me a bit. Maybe it's his pure unabashed joyousness with food. Either that or his bleached fockily* hair. Whatever, I want to hit the road with him in a souped up vintage car and travel the country eating! Late night munchies and cravin's or what?

*Fockily is an inside joke, TJ uses this word to describe his own bedhead. It's an approximation of a word grown-ups use, but for the life of me I don't remember what it stands for. It's just a helluva lot of fun to say. Rhymes with broccoli.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

As Guy would say " well, that puts the "T" in Tasty.

I think that was an out take. I like watching his Diners show. the big Bite isn't as "fun".

And if I had to really picture what you might bring home to meet mom and dad someday-- he would certainly resemble Guy. Need to hang out in pool halls or Nascar