Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Happy Joy Joy*

(*Can you guess that PopCulture reference? I knew that you could!)

It’s my blogday!

This very day one year ago, I decided to enter the blogosphere. It hasn’t been quite what I expected, not that I had any real firm ideas of what it would be like. Other than sort of journal-like and that I would post pictures of “amazing and/or show stopping” quality and the writing would be “ever so witty and addicting”.

What I have learned…

I don’t carry my digcamera around enough. I am constantly forgetting to bring it along and missing all sorts of interesting pictures of random things I see and think “that would be neat to blog about”. (I recently missed taking a pic of a guy at the tippy-top of a church steeple making repairs, a trailer truck with STUDENT DRIVER plastered on it’s sides, and a crow fest – and I do mean it literally, the crows were congregated in the higher double digits!)

I take a lot of cat pics and blog cat posts. But cats are a deep and abiding interest. I’d curl up and die if I didn’t have cats in my life. And I like taking action shots and close-ups of them. And sharing.

I have a very quiet life.

Reading other peoples’ writing has shown me that my writing is NO where near as funny or as witty as I thought.

I ramble a lot. I digress a lot. I vent a lot.

Being an extremely lionish Leo, I find I want more comments. (It’s that “center of attention” part to my character. I do like the comments I get very much!)

And that may be due to not having a real “focus” to the blog. There’s no one specific slant or catch; like quilting, knitting, divorce, make-up, fashion, current affairs, etc. It’s rather sprawling.

So starting forward from today…

most likely I’ll continue as I’ve begun – random posts sprinkled with my interests and/or surprising events heavily spiced with venting and PMS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogday to you!!

I've enjoyed reading your blog! We have shared interests - mostly cats and knitting!

And, I'm not a Leo, but I long for those comments on my blog, too!!

Have a great day!!