Friday, June 22, 2007

Full Frontal Friday**

**Caution, blog contains materials that may not be suitable for younger audiences, nuns, and people who object to 6th grade-pull-my-finger sense of humor.

When I was house-hunting way back when, my realtor found my to-be home on their network a half hour after it had been posted. She urged me and my parents (they were my mentors coz they have tons of looking and home-owning experience) to see this house with her RIGHT AWAY! We came, we saw, and I put a bid on it that evening.

But while she was showing us around and making sure we didn't miss all the attractive selling-point features (big backyard, deck, garage, new carpet, sliding glass door, full basement, etc), I was busy noticing the small personal touches to the house which would be leaving with the owner. On our way down to said basement, I saw the lightswitch. I started to giggle. Alot. The owner's daughter asked me why and when I showed her, she said her mother put it up for a joke a long time ago. My parents appreciated the humor of the switch plate but the realtor, who was veddy propah British, was not that impressed and she moved us to the next "real" selling point.

When I moved in, I was very pleased to see that the lady had left me the switch plate. Everytime I use the switch, I have to smile because that eighty-someodd lady and I have a private raunchy joke. See pictures below...

Off

On

"Honey, do you know what goes with this lightswitch, could you check, on, off, on, off, honey are you checking? On, off, on, off." My switch plate would be a cool commercial.

1 comment:

Deb R said...

I would SO put that switch cover in my bathroom if I could find one like it!!!