Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Word Game

Open to any page in a thesaurus or dictionary and pick the first word you look at that lends itself to being changed. Change one letter or add one letter and tweak the definition to go along with the changes made to the word. The object is for this to be humorous!!!

My “words o’ day" are...

Poultry > Pooltry: a puddle of ducks

Sentiment
> Centiment: being paid to be unreasonable
> Rentiment: periodically paying others to be unreasonable
> Dentiment: the negative emotional impact of being mentally side-swiped/rear-ended

Validate > Valimate: one half of a legally matched pair

Unctuous > Functuous: the hypocritical two-faced insincerity one exhibits at formal social occasions when complimenting others on their outfits

And last but not least (totally my favorite!) -
Hurricane > Purricane: a veritable storm of good vibrations from your cat

1 comment:

The Edward said...

I am envious of you abilities with words. A newsletter that I get has something like these in them every so often. I enjoy reading them, but do not have the ability to generate them on my own.