Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Commission and a Continuance

My coworker loved her Valentine's Day name thingie so much, she commissioned me to make them for her nieces. She gave me the appropriate color schemes and things they liked. I didn't make them exactly like I made the coworkers, more like my parents with bigger tags and "items" added.

For this one, I traced the tags on a page of music from an old book I got at a used book sale and cut them out. I glued the music onto the tags, covering up the tags completely. Since this girl likes pink and butterflys (the music is for her interest in dancing), I used the pink circles and butterfly stamps. Then I added the plastic embellishments. Sewed the tags together with buttons and embroidery floss and viola! all set.

This niece likes sky blue and purple. She dances as well but I didn't want to make them the same as they are sisters and should have "their own" stuff. She likes butterflies as well, but I got to work with flowers too. I added the carousel horses on a whim (and because I had three of them). I found out my whim was a right choice as she "LOVES" horses and carousels. Lucky me! Hers is less "busy" then the first one, but they both appeal to me for different reasons.

As a first commission, they were fun!

As for the continuance, the week continues to be shitty. I get to work this morning and my email was "unavailable". This has been a problem for the last two weeks. The tech guy has to remove my email, reload the back up email, and cross his fingers it will open. I'm getting very tired of not being able to access my email or access my computer for an hour or so while he does this friggin' process every morning or every other morning coz the computer can't have two of me working at the same time on different things. Now he tells me he needs to access "his people" as he's exhausted his [limited] tech abilities on this seeming random problem that only I am experiencing throughout the entire agency!

But the car isn't emitting the smell, it was some random evil smelling waft that I drove thru and the spare bedroom is no longer the scariest place on earth.

No comments: