Monday, February 19, 2007

Quick Brain Update.

I went to see the doctor this AM as he needed further documentation in order for the MRIs to go thru. They've been approved. They? you ask. Yes, I am going to get a non-contrast and a contrast MRI in the same appointment. Yes, this involves an IV, for the whole procedure, 45 minutes or so. I am not thrilled by any means. Oh, and what they want to look at... is an "abnormality, an abnormal resonance", in the middle of my brain by the base of the skull. No further details than that and that was translated into layman's terms by the doctor. So I'm scheduled to go this Friday AM, first thing.
Oh, I also brought my "headache log stardate something or other" and the doctor asked me, after reviewing it and finding that 4-6 of them a month is the average, if I wanted to take a pill a day to prevent any headaches from happening. I said I was leery of that only because Aleve makes them go away. If the Aleve didn't do that, then I might consider a headache prevention pill.

I'll let you know how Friday goes. I'll even bring the digcamera and take a pic if they will let me.

No comments: