Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hi, my name is Ima Trainer, and you are?

Well, it's officially over for now.

I gave my 1.5 hour training on Autism 101 today.

Boy did the room get WARM and I was one schweatty girl when it was over.

I would have liked more ping-pong action, you know, more interaction from the people I was training. That helps me deliver my spiel in a more meaningful and humorous manner, but we work with what we get. I did make them laugh a couple times and some conversation on stereotypical behaviors was generated. Good stuff.

I hope they go back to their supervisor and request more time on the topics of Stereotypical Behaviors, Reinforcement, Communication, and Visual Strategies. That would be fun and way more rewarding for me as I would be "teaching" instead of "imparting".

So far the feedback was positive. And one constructive criticism was spot on and will be taken under serious advisement. You never know what's going to happen when you intro a new thing!


So now I'm free to get all worked up and nervous about tomorrow. MRIs and IV. Whoo Hoo! Sharp needles, veins, passing out, oh my! I'll try to remember my digcamera and see if they'll let me take a pic of the MRI of MY brain on the computer screen.

I won't be back so have a great weekend!

No comments: