Monday, February 26, 2007

If I Only Had a Brain... Oh, But I DO!

… and I have proof. Here it is!


Friday I went to get my MRIs done in the wonderful traileresque addition to the hospital. Before sliding me into the machine, they put the plastic tube in my arm in preparation for the IV and contrast part of the MRI (coz they weren’t injecting me right away) and taped the shit out of my arm so the tube would stay in place. Apparently I “have good veins”. Once in the machine, I almost froze my ass off (that would have been nice), so when they slid me out to inject me, I asked to be covered up because I was starting to shiver and one MUST. LAY. STILL. They were nice enough to do so and I spent the rest of the MRI time warm and worrying if I was going to be one of those people who experience the severe side effects of a radioactive injection. I guess not as I am not hospitalized and mobile. I did have a headache coz I didn’t have any breakfast before the procedure and the noise/vibrations on an empty stomach accompanied by a bundle of nerves created a humdinger that only went away once I had two Aleve and a Shamrock Shake from McD’s on my way to my friend J2’s house.

I played with TJ, my pseudonephew, until his naptime, basically it consisted of me picking him up and traveling around the house with him. So nice despite his boogery state, he had a cold he just came down with that night. He asked me to read him his bedtime stories and snuggled up in my lap and turned the pages chattering away in toddler gibberish in response to what I read. Awesome feeling, kids just know how to make one feel really loved. After he fell asleep, J2 and I made nachos for lunch and just maxed and relaxed. Here’s a picture of our feet. Mine are shoed and hers are socked.

No comments: