Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hi I'm Buzzed

I just came home from being out and about...

Someone I know has just gone into remission and they invited me to celebrate their good news. Unfortunately I couldn't go out with them as it crosses the professional boundaries.

But I did have plans with a friend and bumped into "remission lady" at the beverage venue. It was nice to see her with her friends gettin' happy with her new lease on life.

The friend I went out with... well that's a story within itself. It's my best friend's daughter! I met her when I moved here n '91 - she was 7 yrs old (!), started working for her mom, got to know her mom who became one of my closest friends, and her mom recently moved way far away. I miss her.

Anyhoo, I wanted to go out but not alone and ALL my other friends are married and have kids - they don't go out, much less stay up past 8pm. I called M (the daughter) on the off chance she was already going out and I could just meet up with her. Nothing more horrible than going out by yourself.

As it turned out, M was feeling beveragey and we met at the local venue. I had a wonderful time with M. We did the whole Memory Lane thing - my perspective as her mother's best friend, her perspective as the youngun'. It was funny filling in each other's blanks and finding out we agreed that J (my best friend and her mother) takes in strays and psychic vampires which is SO not good for her and she needs to stop it right now! Then we compared our own experiences and found we have alot in common. And we laughed for most of the night.

I had a great time. No earthshattering insights, just Two Grateful Deads and a mini Slambo and I'm happily buzzed. Now I have to brush my teeth, get in my PJs, and go to bed.

Sleepy time, nighty night!

No comments: