Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Anticipation... It's Making Me Wait!

So the squash plants have grown tremendously in the past week and a half, I can no longer see the jugs unless I kneel down and look under the leaves which are bigger than my head!


And under the leaves are actual squash. Little tiny baby squash with big-ass blossoms on their butts. I was drooling yesterday taking these pictures because my mind's eye, combined with the mini-gastrobrain, were thinking about all those squash sauteed up and being eaten in large quantities!

Next we visit my pumpkin plants, again they've busted out all over. I am busy training the vines to go in the proper directions. Otherwise I'd mow them over and that's not good. Not good at all. So I'm directing pumpkin traffic to go on the woodchips or over to the compost.

And I even have starter blooms. I can't call them blossoms yet because I don't see any color, but they have places where the flowers will be if they do decide to bloom any time soon.

Next up on the virtual tour of my garden, we come to one third of my tomato plants. Much taller and still no sign of the great green horned beasties.

But I do have some blooms. Again with the anticipatory drooling. Cherry tomatos, I'm gonna have them in bountiful amounts. I may even have to share the abundance...

And finally we stop at the sunflowers who have grown much bigger in the last week and a half. I have no expectations, just very pleasantly surprised two germinated at all and are are growing quite happily and living. I'd like for them to reach their maximum potential as claimed on the seed package ("Mammoth Sunflowers") , but I'll settle for anything as long as they keep growing.

No comments: