Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last Photo Class

So my last class was tonight. The high school was locked becoz it's school vaca this week and we had to migrate to the town's public library community room where the librarians went all Wicked Witch of the West on us because we weren't READY to leave right on the dot of 8pm. We all had to present our most recent work and have everyone critique it, which took some time.

I was told that I am "most innovative", "have a great imagination", "have a surrealistic eye", "my abstracts are disturbing and sinister at times but we're drawn to them", I "am always showing them something different but still within a theme", they "look forward to what I'm going to bring to class", and that if I "don't have a show in a gallery within a year, my teacher and classmates - who will be invited or else - will hunt me down and smack me upside my head".

Here are their top 5 picks out of the 10-12 I showed tonight.






The other pics are easy to see, this more abstract one is me - my camera - my hand in that order.

I'm seriously thinking about a show. Gotta lot of work ahead of me if I do, but I have some great contacts now: my teacher wants me to keep in touch while I do this, he's willing to help with the critique end of things, and he has ideas of where to show, one classmate is going to help me with PhotoShop Elements 2.0 and knows a lady who has a printing business that might be willing to not only print my stuff but post my stuff on her website to sell, and another wants to be my cheering section so that I will share the wealth once I become rich and famous. Hah.
So I have my work cut out for me in pushing myself forward and staying enthusiastic even when it seems like I'm getting nowhere.

1 comment:

Deb R said...

Those turned out so cool! I especially love the middle one - it looks sort of SciFi!