Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Typical Day in the Life

I wake up.

I shower.

I feed cats then watch them while simultaneously fixing my homemade-take-to-office breakfast and lunch.

I get dressed.

I scoop poopNpee.

I go to work.

I paint the Thankgiving Boxes for which I've organized an office food drive to fill.

I get red acrylic paint on my nice striped Eddie Bauer button shirt.

I frantically wash red spot to get it off and manage fairly well.

I finish boxes and try to get some documenting done.

I go to a meeting at our local library (coz I'm all about making certain library employees uncomfortable whenever I can - Linda says "hi" to you by way, Mom, I think it's Linda - short/wavy bobbish shoulder length dark hair/kinda plump/glasses).

I meet.

I end meeting and go to car.

I discover I left my lights on for the duration of the meeting and have drained my car battery dry.

I have a minor mental shit fit coz I'm on the clock and am a community role model (the golden side of the coin, there's an easily accessible phone very nearby).

I discover there is not a person that parked after me that told anyone at the front desk that my lights were on so they could announce it over the PA system to help a fellow clueless human being out (I would have SO made sure to let a front desk person know someone left their lights on and have done so quite a few times. Apparently my Carma isn't working.)

I come back into library and call AAA which takes 15 minutes to take down my info (believe me, I watched the clock as I had another meeting to get to and needed help FAST) and the lady who was helping me was not happy I did not own a cell phone and couldn't wait by the library phone (well, I needed to be by my car which was out in the back parking lot so the JumpStart AAA person could get to the battery in a timely manner coz God Forbid anyone should let me know they were there!).

I wait for AAA under my umbrella.

They come, they jump start, they advise 20 minutes of driving or leaving the car running, they leave.

I leave and drive for 20 minutes.

I get to the office and get the next meeting's materials.

I go to another town's library.

I meet.

I come home to cat vomit in the spare room.

I clean it up.

I feed the cats.

I watch them while simultaneously changing out of work clothes into pre-bedtime clothes.


I make and eat dinner.


I watch last week's Supernatural and set VCR timer to record today's Supernatural so I can watch Grey's Anatomy.

I go to bed so I can get up VERY early tomorrow to organize Thanksgiving baskets and go shopping at Wal-Mart to fill in the gaps and then drop the baskets off to the respective families in need which will result in an altruistic glow for rest of the day.

1 comment:

Joanna Stein said...

I'm glad you are back.