Friday, November 23, 2007

And To All A Good Meal

And to all a good nap!

This is my wonderful friend and coworker, C, who invited me to spend the earlier part of Thanksgiving Day with her and her family (18 of 'em and that's not all of them). That's baby G in the pink. No really funny stories, but lots of good cheer, laughter, and a homey atmosphere. At her house there was a plethora of food and complicated family tree relatives. Everyone brought a dish, I was in charge of the corn. I didn't have any left over to take home, whew! We munched on: crackers, cheese, chips, dip, shrimp, cheese ball, hummus, turkey, ham, rolls, bread, peas, corn, onion casserole, sweet potato casserole, candied yams, baked sweet potatos, mashed potatos, in-the-bird stuffing, non-bird stuffing, Kielbasa (for a relative that doesn't eat either ham or turkey), gravy, cranberry sauce, spiced carrots, and two other cassroles I never got the name of. For dessert there was: pecan pie, pumpkin pie, coconut creme pie, chocolate creme pie, red Jello, brownies, choc chip cookies, pumpkin cookies, sugar cookies, and candy. I tell ya, I'm sooo glad I had little bits of everything because then at 5pm I went to my parents Thanksgiving dinner and had this pictured below (well, that's actually my dad's plate pictured, I had very small helpings of everything).

Dad's plate o' food.

Dad who can't wait to dig in. See he considers the entire month of November his b-day, so he eats turkey and the fixings at least 6-7 times throughout the month. Poor mom!

And here is the very svelte turkey-makin' Mom having a toot of wine. You go girl!

Me digging into my second Tday dinner!

Hobbes having half of the turkey's "oyster". Mom, he loved it and snarfed it down in a matter of seconds!

Doodle took a bit longer as she divided her attention between her regular dry and the other half of the "oyster".

Mr. Moomin is on a special diet so no turkey for him. He didn't mind, he was very excited to have a later-than-usual dinner.

And how can we forget Riley who "stayed" on his puff the entire dinner and was randomly rewarded with cheese. If you look closely, you should be able to see the cheese right before it goes into his mouth. Nice shot don't ya think? Dad and I worked hard to get this one. Damn flash delay!

No comments: