Monday, May 21, 2007

Well, I'm All Packed But I'm Not Leaving Yet

I believe in being super-prepared beforehand. That way, I can just “go” as I’ve already planned, checklisted, mailed, packed, repacked, and gathered everything. No worries. Yeah right.

I only have the mowing, vacuuming, clipping three sets of claws, and typing up my caseload brief left to do, well despite the day to day stuff.

I mailed all the stuff I don’t want to carry on the plane to my grandfather last week. I have to call tonight to make sure the box got there. If not, I’m shit out of luck with toiletries and stuff to make. I plan on creating collages again and I offered to make yarn dolls as wedding favors. In the evenings, I plan to be busily winding yarn to make grooms (apple red) and brides (white) for the children invited to the wedding.

I’m taking along an Andy Rooney omnibus (3 books in one) as reading material to tide me over until I get to a used book store. I thought the brief articles would be good for the Short-Attention-Span-Theater that tends to happen to me in airports and on planes and the first day I am at Gpa’s. Oh, can’t forget the word searches and crossword puzzles.

My plane will be leaving at the buttcrack of dawn. My poor beleaguered father has to also be up at that time to drive me to the airport. But on the plus side, when I arrive at my destination it will be lunch time and Grampa wants to take me to CiCi’s – the all you can eat pizza, salad, and dessert place. I am SOOO looking forward to that! Not sure how I am going to handle breakfast that morning…

While on vaca, I plan on doing a lot of sleeping, napping, reading, going to used book stores, clipping hedges, dodging mini-dogs, shopping for groceries, cooking stuff for Gpa, and did I mention napping already? I did? Well, when you go visit a senior citizen, you do what they do. Napping is priority number one!

I’m trying out a Crazy Aunt Purl cat suggestion. She uses Feliway Comfort Zone for her kitties to reduce stress and beating the crap out of each other. I bought one of the plug-in devices this weekend. It may be too soon to say, but I think, and this is just my biased opinion, it’s helping with the aimless zooming around the house at dangerous speeds (Moomin), plucking between-toes-fur and whining for meals (Doodle), skittishness related to anything out of the ordinary (Hobbes), and everyone is finishing their meals at the same time. It seems to have reduced a bit, a bit mind you, of Moomin’s chomping and the majorly aggrieved reactions from the other cats (hissing, spitting, growling, and whacking him on the head). I didn’t hear any major cat fights this weekend and Doodle actually played chase with Moomin on Sunday. We’ll see if there are any more changes.

Got to get back to my regularly scheduled stuff…

No comments: