Friday, March 23, 2007

Moomin is Sick

He has bloody urine and is making constant trips to the litter box. It’s so hard to see him make a dime-sized pee clump and then just squat there coz he feels like he’s still going. He was so patient with me last night as I kept attempting to get an untainted-by-litter urine specimen. He didn’t even flinch or move when I slid the lid underneath him to try to catch the few drops he made. Unfortunately, litter got into every one of them. And the vet said the litter sediment would screw the tests up. Damn!

The earliest I could get him to the vet (without going to the emergency vets) is 4:00pm. I cancelled my 7:30am car appointment, have come to work, and am waiting for a call to let me know there has been a cancellation and I can bring him in earlier. Until then, I’m just a barely contained mess because my be-furred kiddo is ill.

2 comments:

Joanna Stein said...

Poor kitty. I hope he is ok.

Deb R said...

Did you find out what the problem is?